I’m SO ready for Fall (PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!!!)! Although Los Angeles hasn’t quite gotten the autumn memo, (it’s going to be 92 degrees this weekend) I’m moving on without her. This bread is packed with superfoods from the Green Dream powder and the pumpkin! It’s so tasty that most people (even vegans) don’t even know that it’s so nutrient-dense, vegan and gluten-free!!
- (2) 8″ x 4″ loaf pans
- 1 C* chopped walnuts
- 3 1/2 C all-purpose whole wheat flour (or to make it gluten-free use my fave: Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour mix)
- 2 C packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 C vegan white sugar
- 2 T Philosophie Green Dream Superfood powder
- 2 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1 t ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 t ground cinnamon (or 2 t Pumpkin Spice)
- 2 C pumpkin puree
- 1 C coconut oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 2/3 C coconut milk (or any dairy-free milk alternative)
- 2/3 C flaked unsweetened coconut
*C=Cup T=Tablespoon t=teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8″ x 4″ loaf pans.
- Spread walnuts in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Toast in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, Philosophie Green Dream superfood powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add the pumpkin puree, oil, and coconut milk, and mix until all of the flour is absorbed. Fold in the flaked coconut and toasted walnuts. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and cover loaves tightly with foil. Allow to steam for 10 minutes. Remove foil, and turn out onto a cooling rack. Tent loosely with the foil, and allow to cool completely.
Other Gluten-Free Fall Quick Bread Recipes:
from Elana’s Pantry
from The Baking Beauties
from Gluten-Free Goddess
Have you tried the Green Dream muffins yet??? Please share some creative ways you’re using your Green Dream powder! :)